St. Francis' Episcopal Church
The Rev. Frank Hubbard, Priest Associate The Rev. Gerry Welch, Deacon
St. Francis' Episcopal Church is a diverse community, accepting all.
We gather to worship God, grow in faith, and share in fellowship.
We go out to serve Christ by serving others.
EVERYONE IS WELCOME HERE!
Mass on the Grass
Feast of Pentecost
May 23rd, 2021
Celebrate Pentecost at St. Francis’ Mass on the Grass!
Sunday, May 23rd is the Feast of Pentecost which we will celebrate outside as festively as possible! Pentecost commemorates the descent of the Holy Spirit upon Jesus’ disciples, when, as we read in the second chapter of the Acts of the Apostles, a “mighty rushing wind” surrounds them and “tongues as of fire” appear over them. The gathered disciples were "filled with the Holy Spirit and began to speak in other tongues as the Spirit gave them utterance". On this Pentecost, let us come together to break bread, and to revel in the love, grace, and mystery of the HolySpirit. This outdoor service is an opportunity to share in corporate worship – the embodiment of Christ present in all of us.
So, break out your RED shirts, shorts, hats, or socks – we wear RED to remind us of the joy and fire of
the Spirit. The mass will be held outside rain or shine, as a tent will be in place. Please bring a lawn chair for yourself and a non-perishable food item for St. Paul’s Church food pantry.
Guidance from the CDC indicates COVID transmission risk outdoors is very, very low. To minimize the risk as much as possible, the following protocols will be in place:
• If you plan on attending the Mass on the Grass, you must register with St. Francis by 9:00 a.m. Saturday, May 22nd
• keep adequate social distancing; everyone’s timely registration will allow for a prearranged seating chart for the service
• wear a mask at all times (even with the new CDC guidance)
• hand sanitizer will be available; please follow Fr. Jack’s instructions on using it to receive Communion
• sign-in on arrival for contact tracing purposes
• after the service, please promptly depart the church grounds (yes, we know it’s great to see everyone, but we still need to be cautious!)
Now the good news: because we'll be outside, masked, and distanced, the number of attendees is not limited AND we can ALL SING!
Again: If you plan on attending the Mass on the Grass, you must register with St. Francis by 9:00 a.m. Saturday, May 22nd
If you can’t be on-site for the Mass on the Grass, you can still celebrate Pentecost with St. Francis online via the usual Zoom and Facebook livestreams, links to which can be found here